COVID-19 Safety Measures
Kinetic Physiotherapy is thrilled to be able to open our doors once again! Our primary focus has always been to provide quality one-one-one care and we can’t wait to have you back in the clinic again. To ensure that you are comfortable in the clinic, we have established a list of guidelines below in accordance with the Government of BC, Worksafe BC and our regulatory college guidelines.
Patient Safety Measures:
- A COVID-19 Consent to Treatment and Declaration of Health Form must be completed prior to your first appointment (this will be provided to you in the clinic). A verbal pre-screen will be completed by your therapist in the clinic at the beginning of each appointment (such as if the patient has traveled in past 14 days, symptoms, health check, etc.)
- We are unique in Maple Ridge in that we only see patients once per hour. This will allow us to minimize extra traffic within the clinic. To assist in keeping traffic levels low, we ask that you only show up for your appointment at the scheduled time. Please don’t arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- To further reduce traffic within the clinic, we ask that patients come by themselves unless the patient is under the age of 16 or requires assistance during their appointment
- We ask that upon entry into the clinic, that patients clean their hands (either with hand sanitizer at the front desk or in the washroom)
- Although not mandatory, we do ask that patients wear a mask when possible. If you require a mask, one will be provided to you a the front desk at no cost.
- Where possible, treatment doors will be left open to reduce points of contact. Treatment rooms and door handles will be cleaned before and after each appointment
- Our clinic only uses individual treatment rooms and we only see patient’s once per hour. While this philosophy helps provide maximum patient care, it has the added benefit in providing safe social distancing for our patients
- Each appointment is one hour with our patients. Your appointment time is includes assessment, treatment, cleaning of rooms/equipment and payment/scheduling
- Online booking/scheduling is available to reduce contact points within the clinic
Therapist Safety Measures:
- Your Therapist will also be completing a COVID-19 self-assessment form each day prior to starting treatment
- We have always kept personal hygiene as a top priority and will continue to do so. Your Therapist will continue to use frequent hand washing before, during and after each appointment
- Your Therapist will be wearing a medical grade mask during each appointment. Should you require your Therapist to wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. gloves, goggles and/or face shield), please inform us of this request
- Only one patient will be in the treatment rooms and/or gym at a time. Treatment rooms and all gym equipment will be cleaned after each appointment
This is going to be a new and exciting process as well as a learning process for all of us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our safety guidelines, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Thank you again for all of your support.
Founder of Kinetic Physiotherapy and Sports Rehab